Meet an Organisation - Roscommon Friendly Call Service supported by Roscommon LEADER Partnership
Roscommon Friendly Call Service was established in 2008. Our offices are located at Roscommon LEADER Partnership Company, Unit 12, Tower B, Roscommon West Business Park, Roscommon Town.
The service aims to support vulnerable, lonely, and socially isolated older people in their own homes by providing them with a free and confidential telephone call. This call is nominated at a time convenient for the client to chat, or if they need information.
“It means I have someone to talk to and tell things to, I get stuff off my mind and it makes me feel good, I have a laugh with the caller and sometimes she wakes me in the morning…she gives me support” (service users on Roscommon Friendly Call).
We encourage older volunteers to become involved in the service by donating a few hours once or twice a month. Our current volunteers have been fully trained and are very dedicated to the project and service users. Older People choose to volunteer with Roscommon Friendly Call for many reasons:
- The feeling of giving something back to those less fortunate than themselves
- Feel involved in the decision making process for the project
- Meeting and speaking to new people and making new friends
- Getting out of their own homes
- Being active within their own communities
- Becoming involved in social activities
- Learning new skills and information through training
For further information on Roscommon Friendly Call Service, please contact 090 6630252 or alternatively, email email@example.com.